Sunday, April 29, 2012

Too Faced: Summer Eye Palette Review & Swatches






One of the exciting things about summer is all these gorgeous colors that start to make their way into our makeup bags! I was so happy and excited about this collection it definitely lives up to its theme. With the Summer Royalty collection debuting this month I will have plenty of exciting reviews coming up for you. 


Toady I am reviewing the Summer Eye Summertime Sexy Shadow palette which is limited edition so don't wait too long to buy this! I almost want to buy another one with how much I am in love with these colors!! You can buy online at TooFaced or Your local Sephora and Ulta. This palette retails for $36.


The colors in this palette are:
Sugar Sand Shimmery Dusty Rose
Peach Fuzz Shimmery Golden Peach
Sunbeam Pale Gold Shimmer
Plumeria  Vivid Pink
Coral Crush Coral Pink Shimmer 
Mermaid  Muted Teal 
Cocoa Beach Plum Brown Shimmer
Chocolate Sun Shimmery Rich Brown
Toasted Coconut Matte Caramel

From left to right

Plumeria  Vivid Pink
Coral Crush Coral Pink Shimmer 
Mermaid  Muted Teal 







From left to right 
Sugar Sand Shimmery Dusty Rose
Peach Fuzz Shimmery Golden Peach
Sunbeam Pale Gold Shimmer

These colors are hard to see see on my original swatch since I am so pale. So I hope you can see them good enough of my fingers. 



From left to right
Cocoa Beach Plum Brown Shimmer
Chocolate Sun Shimmery Rich Brown
Toasted Coconut Matte Caramel



So far Sugar Sand, Plumeria, and Coral Crush are my favorites. I don't have any colors like Coral Crush at all and I'm dying to play with it this summer. I love Sugar Sand as a highlighter it is very sheer. Plumeria is such a great pink, I don't have many pinks either and I like the shimmer in it.

I am really looking forward to playing with Mermaid, I love teals and greens and "muted" is the perfect word to describe it, its not too bold and would look great in a smokey eye look. I'm not a huge fan of glitter, although I don't have any glitter browns so I am excited to play with these also. And I like that you have a light glittery brown and a dark one. Toasted Coconut is an awesome light matte brown, when I swatched it on my arm it looked like it has a tad of shimmer in it which I like.

Here is a closer look of the palette




Aren't these gorgeous? I hope to do some FOTD for you guys with this palette. It came with some look cards you can test out which is great for some ideas. Overall I am really pleased with this palette, I like every color in it and it's perfect for summer, did I say that already? Corals and pinks are in this year and there are lots of different looks you can create with this.
Let me know if you plan to get this palette or what you think of it already!









8 comments:

  1. This palette look amazing. I am obsessed with the Too Faced palettes. Great post hun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree great post. I just came across your blog and it's simply amazing.

    xo from NYC-Chelise
    http://www.empirestatebeautyqueen.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Beauty Make Up Addict Thanks! I know. TooFaced never Disappoints! And thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing palette. There are some really great shades :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo I want!! They look so pretty!! I gave your blog an award hun :) Please check it out ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the package and the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. You can always reach me on twitter @ohhsoglam7.