Friday, August 31, 2012

DIY Friday: Homemade Lip Scrub



Something I am sure almost has everyone has at at least heard of, is a DIY face or lip scrub. I actually saw this recipe from Kandee Johnson a long time ago but it was for the face scrub. I changed the ingredients a tad though and use it for my lips instead. 

Ingredients:
Washed Raw Sugar
Organic Lemons
Olive Oil (optional) 

The lemons rejuvinate the skin and will help darker lips brighten up and give  a glowing look. The sugar acts as the exfoliater. The olive oil will protect and coat lips from drying and cracking.

Because all this is going to touch my skin I want to use organic products. I chose raw sugar because there isn't any bleach or chemicals in it even though it might be a tad bit more rough. 

Pour the sugar in your container and and squeeze the lemon in. You really don't need much at all, otherwise the scrub gets too runny. I let it sit for a few minutes and let the sugar soak up as much lemon as possible. You can add the olive oil for added moisture, but just a couple drops not too much.




When you use this scrub, you don't need to scrub vigorously. The larger granules of sugar will do that on it's own. Too much scrubbing could damage your lips. I just gently rub it around my lips for 30 seconds.
After I wipe off the sugar I rinse with warm water and put on a little chap stick to put back some of the moisture. 







Has anyone tried this recipe before or something like it?




4 comments:

  1. My lips are going to need this this winter! Love it, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty products are so expensive, thanks for the great tip on how to make it hope!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. You can always reach me on twitter @ohhsoglam7.