Monday, September 24, 2012

Lush Cosmetics: Buffy Body Butter Review


It is no surprise that I am now a "Lushie". I have tried a shower gel and the lip scrub in the past, and have only bought online. Going into a store is a whole different experience on it's own. First when I walked in I was greeted by the most wonderful ladies. They offered to take my 7 year old son and show him around so that I could try a few products. Ok, I'm sold right there! I went in needing a lip scrub, but it is just so overwhelming all the things I wanted to try. So I walked out with Buffy and the Almond and Coconut Shower Smoothie.

As the girl who was trying stuff out on me, who by the way turned out we had a mutual friend, she explained every product with such great detail. She put the products on me and let me decide for myself how they worked. The differences I could feel and see right away was amazing.




Ok, so back to Buffy. What they say:

"Massage our Buffy body butter all over your wet skin in the bath or shower to make you softer and smooth to the touch, paying special attention to your backside. We add ground rice, almonds and beans to Buffy to act as exfoliants; the rough textures eliminate lumps and bumps and sloughs away dry skin cells to reveal brighter, fresher looking skin. Rinse off the exfoliating bits and pat yourself dry. There's no need for body lotion after a Buffy slaying session, because the cocoa and shea butters keep your skin beautifully smooth, moisturized and soft to the touch."

What I say:

Buffy is truly a wonder. The smell is very herbal and fresh smelling not overpowering at all. The soft buttery feel keeps my skin so smooth after. They are absolutely right, no lotion after is needed. The granular pieces you feel in the bar feel great, not to harsh or scratchy. I love that this bar does so much. Even though it says to pay special attention to your backside, which I did, I also used it on my legs before shaving. I didn't cut myself once! You are left with a buttery residue after, but it does go away after a bit. It isn't a greasy feeling by any means, just know that you will be able to feel it.

Pretty much if you don't have Buffy you need to get him now!

You can buy Buffy at Lush.com or visit your local Lush store. Buffy retails at $11.95 for a 3.3 oz or $22.95 for a 7oz.






11 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks interesting. I think I have to try this one :D

    PS.
    Followed you too! :)

    ~ Gen
    http://www.genzelkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it. I'm not a fan of anything lush. Some of their things I've read the ingredients and they contained ingredients like sulfates yet said they were all natural. Now this was years ago but from then on I just stopped looking at what they had to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This stuff sounds great. I don't think there's a store in my city, but I'm going to double-check!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gotta love Lush! I know some people hate the smell of that shop but i think its heavenly. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Clare (SparklySexyCool)
    I know a few that hate the smell too! It's a lot going on at once!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha - I was just reading my review of this product and I go on about the smell of the shop! @GlamorousMama did you find your bar ran out really quickly? Mine didn't seem to last long at all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, am a new Lushie. I must try Buffy as I love the Aqua Mirabillis. It has an earthy, almondy scent and also very moisturizing. Did you get the body butter tin as well? I find the tin is a must for the body butter as you don't want it to melt in the shower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Lush because it smells so go in there...but when I stay in there to long I start getting a little overwhelmed with all the smells mixing together. RoRos World

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lush, my Lush <3 Love that this is a scrub and a lotion in one..

    Yewizzy @ She Loves The Finer Things

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. You can always reach me on twitter @ohhsoglam7.