Thursday, February 21, 2013

Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper With Side by Side Comparisons





With all the eye shadow primers out there I thought I would do a comparisons test against the primers I currently have. 

These four primers are my daily primers I choose from, however since my recent review of the New Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper I have been using nothing but that.  Let's see how Lime Crime stands against the rest.





 All swatches were applied with a brush and swiped three times for maximum color.

You can see in the swatches below what the pink eye shadow looks like with no primer against the rest.

Benefit's Lemonaid Color Correcting Eye Primer is so thick and dewy it actually streaks and cakes the eye shadow.I think this works better as a color corrector than using it as a primer.

Smashbox's Photo Finish Lid Primer has such a dark orange color that it really interferes with the true color of the shadow.

Urban Decay Primer Potion did a great job at holding the eye shadow's true color but compared  to Lime Crime they are definitely out shined. 


The next test I did was a water test, how well does the primer stay on. Using my index finger parallel with the swatches and swiped over all the swatches one time after I ran water over my arm.


Obviously with no primer it completely wiped away

Benefit also wiped away 

Smashbox smudged a little but definitely let go of a lot of the eye shadow color 

Urban Decay also smudged a tad and let go a lot of its color as well

Lime Crime sitting pretty on the end had no smudges what so ever and the color is bright, bold, and beautiful.

I think I can safely say that Lime Crime's New Eye shadow Helper beats all three of these high end primers. They are definitely confident in this new product and so am I. This primer can be found on the Lime Crime website and retails for $16.99









5 comments:

  1. Oh my god!! Lime Crime looks amazing!! I always check it out, but can't find it anywhere! great post

    India xox The Jewel Beauty Blog |Beauty,Lifestyle & Fashion!

    1K Giveaway :D Chanel, Elemis & John Freida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the up keep of the Lime Crime! Amazing pictorial demonstration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post. I have tried all of these but the Lime Crime one. I use Benefit Stay don't Stray every day:)

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh I've never tried the Lime Crime!!

    Thanks so much for linking it on The Wednesday Chronicles, hope to see you back this week!

    xo
    Ange

    www.hairsprayandhighheels.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. You can always reach me on twitter @ohhsoglam7.