Thursday, February 14, 2013

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup Review

Revlon Colorstay Whipped $14.99

"" 
                                                                                                          
"Finally, truly decadent makeup offers ultimate performance. The mousse-like texture feels like silk on your skin. And, the time release formula balances skin for a flawless look. All day flexible wear without flaking, caking or feeling heavy."

 Available in 16 shades: Ivory, Buff, Sand Beige, Nude, Natural Beige, Medium Beige, Warm Golden, True Beige, Natural Tan, Early Tan, Rich Ginger and Caramel.









I had really high hopes for this foundation and I am glad it delivered. First I am a huge fan of the packaging. A jar instead of a pump or bottle really lets you get every last drop of your product. Some may not like it for sanitary reasons but as long as your hands are clean I don't have an issue with it. The consistency is very light feeling, and drys almost instantly once on the skin. If you are not a fan of the mousse like foundations like Maybelline's Dream Matte Mouse, this is totally different. I know when you hear whipped your thinking of that light airy texture. This is more dense and definitely thicker.




The color I got was warm golden which is just a tad dark for me, but it blended pretty well for being a shade or two darker. 


The left is the swatch only and the right side is all blended. You can see it isn't a huge color difference in my skin tone, but it is still darker than my skin.






Left hand no product Right hand product blended

It is very buildable and gives medium to full coverage. It's very soft and smooth once on your skin, and a setting powder is not needed with this. It did an amazing job at hiding my pores and lines. My skin truly looked flawless!

 When applying I do recommend maybe putting on a moisturizer first because the formula drys to matte so quickly it may be difficult to work with. I definitely recommend getting this if you are looking for a great med- full coverage foundation and it's surely worth the price!








Have you tried this foundation yet?






16 comments:

  1. I love this foundation but sadly mine is too dark right now and I have way too many on the go to justify buying a lighter one. Cant wait to use it again when Im tanned a bit:) xx

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These shades do seem like they are a little darker!

      Delete
  2. I've been using it for a few weeks, and I totally agree it definitely needs moisturizer or primer first. I tried it this weekend with nothing else on and I had huge flakes but applied over my skincare it is gorgeous and my favorite. I do this one with my makeup sponge or fingers (gently) because literally a little bit goes such a long way!!

    Awesome review!

    xo
    Ange

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I love this but if my skin is dry I can not use it. :( For a few hours its fine and then it dries up on me. Such a bummer because I love it!

    Take Care,
    Mandy Jean
    www.mandyjeanchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds perfect for my skin.

    I am using MAC's Prolong Wear and it's REALLY annoying that I can't get every last bit of the foundation out. Such a waste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you! That's why I like the jar concept.

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried it yet but it looks good! x

    fashionistainthedark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your lip color in the photo, it is so pretty! - Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great product!! I think it is the perfect drug store find.

    -Mia
    www.msmiamaree.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice review...I like this product very nice. I will try this for my skin texture. Very nice.
    Cardiac Surgery India

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice lip color..i Love the orange color lipstick very nice beautiful color..all the sheds are beautiful.
    Cosmetic Surgery India

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice product review..i like the color of this foundation. This have very smooth texture and lovely product but i am not sure i will get this India or not?
    Spine surgery India & Neuro surgery India

    ReplyDelete
  11. This foundation is beautiful and i like its consistency and very nice smooth effect on skin after applying on face.
    Best Hospital India

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. You can always reach me on twitter @ohhsoglam7.