Monday, July 1, 2013

Almay Liquid Lip Balm Review & Swatches




Almay Liquid Lip Balm- $3.99-$5.99

I was really excited for these for come out. All these twists and turns on lip balms and lip glosses are getting interesting and I love trying them. 

"A lifesaver for your lips! new almay color + care™ liquid lip balm combines the lip conditioning care of a balm with the shiny color of your favorite gloss. shiny color drenches lips with 2x hydration* as lip-loving conditioners provide 194% more moisture for softer, smoother lips over time. non-sticky. gluten free. hypoallergenic. dermatologist tested.
*vs. bare lips"

                Quoted from Almay 


I really like these so far, the application was nice and even. It isn't sticky just like it claims. I do feel like my lips are moisturized however I don't find it to be any more moisturizing then any other balm. But.. It does say over time your lips will be 194% more softer. So this may need a re-review in a couple weeks. 

Lasting time was about 2 hours for me for both shades. The colors are pretty sheer, not very build able in my opinion. I tired to put on a few more than normal coats and it felt super heavy and goopey.
They are well pigmented for being in the "balm" family, but still rather sheer. Scent is nice, reminds me of a vanilla scent. 

For the most part I like these I didn't see very many colors yet so hopefully they will continue to add more.  








B+



   Cantaloupe Cream
          
                         
Apricot Pucker


3 comments:

  1. I wish these had more color pay off. I bought one a couple weeks back and it just doesn't do much for me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both shades are lovely. Keeping an eye out for these ones, love the fact they arent sticky:)

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. You can always reach me on twitter @ohhsoglam7.