Monday, July 1, 2013

Wet n Wild Megalast Liquid Lip Color Review & Swatches


Ok, so these have been out for quite a while and I always just kept passing them by, I never really buy much from Wet n Wild and when I do I'm not very impressed. 

"Intense liquid color with built-in moisturizer provides one-step application for weightless, ultra-conditioning wear that lasts up to 8 hours. ElastiSilk™ formula combines flexible color adhesion with silky-smooth pigments for transfer-proof, even application. Paraben-free formula conditions and moisturizes with vitamin E that helps promote anti-aging, protects the skin’s moisture barrier, and balances the lip’s natural hydration for a healthy-looking, plump pout all day."
Quoted from Wet N Wild 

So first lets talk about the pigmentation on these. WOW. Honestly these colors are so gorgeous and greatly pigmented they were giving me high hopes just looking at them. Application was great the product went on smooth and even and felt very creamy but not heavy. Smell on these isn't bad, a very plain smell. 

Ok here is where these start to fall apart. After I applied the product it began drying very quickly but felt tacky and it was impossible to rub my lips together. Then it started cracking and peeling and just looking absolutely horrible. I did however try again and used one coat and used a little balm to smooth it all out and it seemed to be a little bit more easy to manage. I will say these suckers DO NOT budge I had the swatches on my arms for two days with plenty of scrubbing. 
If you are looking for something that will last forever these might be for you, but you will have to figure out what works for you as a base or topcoat. I will say that when I swatched these on my arm they dried nicely and even and with no peeling or cracking. 







 From left to right: Red My Mind/ Click on my Hyperpink/ Back to the Fuchsia




D+














13 comments:

  1. Back to the Fuchsia looks seriously promising! but the cracking on your lips is a huge no-no for me. Oh wells.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so pretty swatched! Sucks they don't work very well 😩

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, definitely following now! Stay in touch xx

    thedailysugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a shade at home and used it once! I love the shade and I forgot how it felt! I need to give it a shot again because i cannot remember the overall application lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I went home last night and tried the shade again. When I applied it, I was loving the color and the texture. Within seconds later, it dried up and I COULD NOT get it off!!!! I needed to scrub my lips! It's such a shame!

      Delete
    2. I know! It is a shame the colors are gorgeous!!

      Delete
  5. The first and third swatch are incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colour but it sounds more like a tattoo than pigment... Not for me!!
    www.framecake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was like ohh la la that pink is pretty...but then I read the review and grade... :( Booo, thanks for saving me some money!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I wish these lived up to the gorgeous colors and color payoff!

      Delete
  8. WOWZA, did not expect these kinda pigmentations from Wet and Wild!!!
    Kinda sounds like they attempted to dupe Stila's Stay all day liquid Lipstick's. But by the sounds of your review, they didn't do a great job of it! LOL
    Sarah| Beauty and Lemonade xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either!! But they were so cheap and affordable I had to test them out!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. You can always reach me on twitter @ohhsoglam7.