Tuesday, October 29, 2013

New! Chap Stick Hydration Lock Review


With the colder months approaching we'll be taking every precaution we can to avoid dry skin, lips, and hair. I thought this would be a perfect time to introduce the new Chap Stick hydration Lock with 8 hour moisture which I received in my October Birchbox.


What they say:


Gives lips a fuller + smoother appearance

Clinically proven to moisturize lips, with a lightweight feel

8 hours of advanced moisturization revitalizes and visibly improves the appearance of lips

enriched with antioxidant CoQ10 and hyaluronic filling spheresGj
jkive
Gives lips

What I say

Not sure about the "gives lips a fuller look". I can't say that I can see a difference, but a smoother appearance is definitely something I notice.

I didn't really get 8 hours of moisture I had to re-apply after about 4. When I was wearing this under lipstick however, I did notice I didn't have to re-apply my lipstick for at least 6 hours!

I am not really fond of the smell, I have it in Vanilla Creme and its smells like a chemical vanilla smell, if that makes any sense. But the fragrance does settle after a couple minutes making it almost unnoticeable. 

Overall I like this product, it gives a very lightweight smooth feeling on my lips and I am most fond of using this under my lipsticks! 





4 comments:

  1. I'm always on the lookout for a new lip balm! I'll definitely check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recieved this in my birchbox as well. I have to agree with you it doesn't last 8 hours but it does last about 4. I am in love with this. I the scent was my favorite part! It's always funny to see when people have different reactions to the same products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a new lip balm and that sounds like something I should get! Great review!

    xo's
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely my kind of lip balm, moisturizing and sexy <3

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. You can always reach me on twitter @ohhsoglam7.