Tuesday, October 8, 2013

September Birchbox 2013


My first Birchbox back and I can't say that I am impressed. After not being subscribed for over a year I finally started seeing some great Birchbox's on other blogs, so I had to give it another try. 

Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription service for $10 a month where you will receive full size and sample size products to try. You can redeem points by reviewing the products online and use towards purchases. This is a fun way to get introduced to new products or have fun sampling beauty products every month.

Here is the list of everything in my September Birchbox:


Ruffian Nail Lacquer:  $10 Received Full size

Davines Sea Salt Spray: $27.00 Received Full size

Le Couvent Des Minimes Gardner's Hand Healer: $8.00 Received sample size

Grand Central Beauty Skin Perfecting Polish: $38 Received sample size

Glam Natural Cream Blush: $32  Received sample size




I am definitely not giving up after one box but I am disappointed in the samples. For one my box was covered in the Davines product, salt was stuck everywhere and a quarter of the product is actually gone. The nail polish I will actually use only because it's close to Halloween and it's a great orange color. The hand cream smells horrible and really leaves my skin feeling greasy and sticky. The rest I have yet to try, for now everything will get thrown in my sample box, nothing really exciting for me. 

But I do have fun with these boxes I just think I had my hopes really high for my return. Can't wait for October, here's a sneak peak video below! 
Use code BIRCHBLOGGER15 for 15% off an order of $50+










7 comments:

  1. I am really glad that none of my sample have ever busted open (: I like the nail polish sample you got better than the one I did though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a loyal BB customer for over a year now and I'm about to just cancel. I've never received a full size product like some have and each month the samples keep getting smaller and smaller to the point where they are sending packets of lotion and stuff, def not worth $10 when Ipsy sends out great bags. I'm thinking of just sticking with Ipsy. I have almost $100 saved up for reviewing products each month so I'm gonna stock up on lots of stuff and cancel. Could I use your code if I'm gonna be cashing out with my pts, and when does you code expire?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I;m not sure when it expires! I think you can use points too :)

      Delete
  3. Just followed your blog, its awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

  4. I have to say this wouldn't be a box for me, pretty nail polishes or lipsticks would be more up my alley so to speak!

    Lovely blog you have here, I'm now following! If you fancy popping by to say hi I'm over at http://mrschrissyanne.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can't wait to see what we get in October too. We are thinking about canceling and trying something new. We've been with Birchbox for over 2 years now. :-)

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been going back and forth about going with the Birch Box. I have yet to see a positive review :( Kinda sad.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. You can always reach me on twitter @ohhsoglam7.