Thursday, January 16, 2014

NYX Cosmetics Butter Lip Balm- Panna Cotta, Red Velvet & Parfait Swatches



I don't know what it is about the word "butter" but I feel like I need all things related to it! New to NYX, or at least me because these suckers popped out of nowhere, are the Butter Lip Balms. These are really cute and packaging alone sold me!






These come in eight shades so far and I have the colors Panna Cotta, Red Velvet and Parfait. First the packaging is just so cute and simple, it's the simple things that get me. I have to say these have a good color pay off on them and they are very build-able. The swatches below on my arm are about 2-3 swipes and my lips are about 1-2. You can definitely achieve both sheer and more opaques looks with the three that I got at least. 



Panna Cotta is the more subtle out of the three it's more of a natural nude. Red Velvet is gorgeous and gives you a beautiful red tint. Parfait is a bright pink and is my favorite of the three! Application was easy, it does feel thicker than your average lip balm, a lot different from Baby lips. It feels moisturizing but not heavy at all but it almost feels like you have barley any product on if that makes any sense. I do find myself having to reapply quite often but that isn't a big deal to me. Fragrance is fruity to me and very soft, not overpowering at all.



Please excuse my closeup swatches, I guess I should have made sure my lip scrub wasn't still hanging around!

 Panna Cotta


Red Velvet



Parfait

Have you tried any of the "butter" products from NYX?

Price & Availability 
$3.99-$4.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. You can always reach me on twitter @ohhsoglam7.