Tuesday, April 1, 2014

NYX Butter Lipstick Swatches & Review


NYX never disappoints in the lipstick department that is for sure! Newest to the brand is the Butter Lipsticks and they are pretty great! Available in 22 shades these lipsticks melt onto your lips with great coverage. I have four shades to share with you, enjoy!






 Hunk, Sweet tart, Sugar Wafer, Taffy

Out of the four that I got Taffy, is by far the prettiest color. They all lasted about 3 hours with minimal wear before re- application. They are very creamy and really go well with the butter glosses on top! They don't have a fragrance like the butter gloss. Some might not like the packaging but I do, I think its different. The only formula that I am not really fond of is Sugar Wafer, nudes are always tricky anyway but it definitely is a gorgeous color. All have great payoff and build really well, except Sugar Wafer takes more strokes to build up. Hunk was a tricky color as well, in the tube it looks much darker but is more of a plumy pink on the lips. I am really impressed with the pigmentation on these, I just ordered five more!

Sugar Wafer, Taffy, Sweet Tart, Hunk


Sugar Wafer


Sweet Tart

 Taffy


Hunk
 Swatch against lipstick so you can see the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. You can always reach me on twitter @ohhsoglam7.