Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Velvet- Swatch


While shopping at Sephora a couple weeks ago I came across the Bite Beauty section and started to browse their lip products. I was really wanting to try some new crayon lipsticks and the color selection on these were gorgeous, so I got one for now in the color Velvet.



It is described as a vibrant rose pink. These are said to be a long lasting matte lip color.


"Made with a double-dose of premium micronized pigments, this lip pencil delivers a modern matte look. This lip color delivers super antioxidant resveratrol, which fights free radicals with potent long-term antiaging benefits. Each lip pencil contains the amount of resveratrol found in five glasses of red wine.:
Quote from Sephora

I thought the wine fact was pretty interesting.



This is such a gorgeous color and I love that these are twist up- no sharpening!!! I always gravitate towards these colors, I love rosey pinks and purples It is such a flattering shade. This brand claims to be 99% natural and free of all below:

- Parabens

- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan





Packaging is very classy and simple, love the box it comes in. 

Application was a breeze, no dragging the color went on very smooth. 

This color is very pigmented in one swipe and is easily build-able for a more opaque look. 

Wear time for me was about 8 hours, I put this on at 8am and left my salon at 4pm and the color was still very bright. I did start to notice a little wear around the corners of my mouth after eating. I also like to apply a little lip balm in the middle of the day to prevent these types of lipsticks from drying and settling but I didn't notice that with this.




A+

Packaging: 5/5
Application: 5/5
Pigmentation: 5/5
Longevity: 5/5





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. You can always reach me on twitter @ohhsoglam7.