Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Maybelline Color Elixirs- Petal Plush & Celestial Coral Swatches & Review





I have been wanting to try these for a while now and I took advantage during a buy one get one 50% off. I got two colors out of their 20 shades.



Packaging: I love how they resemble the shape of a lipstick but I hate how tiny these are, especially for the price.
Application: These go on really smooth and creamy but the shade Petal Plush went on really streaky and milky.
Pigmentation: I was really hoping this would be more pigmented, and the other colors I have seen do have great color payoff. But sadly these ones weren't as pigmented as they are in the tube. Petal Plush was extremely hard to build as well, it just streaking for me.
Longevity: These didn't last long at all especially Petal Plush, wear time for me was about 3 hours or less.

While these two colors weren't the best in my opinion, I do really like swatches of some of the other colors. However, the smell and taste of these will prevent me from purchasing these again. These have an overpowering scent that is really hard for me to overcome. It might not bother some but I personally di not like tasting a a very perfumy scent in my mouth all day.



 Left: Petal Plush  Right:Celestial Coral




C+

Packaging: 4/5
Application: 5/5
Pigmentation: 4/5
Longevity: 3/5
Product: 3/5

Does this scent/ taste bother anyone else??


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. You can always reach me on twitter @ohhsoglam7.