Tuesday, August 12, 2014

New- Rimmel Scandal Eyes Rockin Curves Mascara Review


Press Sample

New to Rimmel is a a mascara dedicated to give you those big curvy lashes. Available in three shades this mascara retails around $5-7. 


What they say 
"Our first broken heart-shaped brush creates a fringe of big, curvy, rockin’ lashes. This cleverly-shaped applicator twists and curves to hug the lash line; the thin tip grabs hard-to-reach inner lashes, while the amplified base pulses lashes with incredible volume and curve. Lashes are plumped and lifted in one clean stroke."






The brush is supposedly shaped as a broken heart, I don't think it resembles that. It just looks somewhat of an "S" shape to me. But it does do well at hugging the lash line like it claims. When pulling the wand out I feel like it leaves a lot of product on the brush, I don't know if this is just my mascara or what. But I have to wipe some of it off on the edges of the tube and it usually is only on the backside of the curved part. 

Gets really messy wiping product off on the tube.




When I applied one coat I got even application, no clumping and immediate volume at the root of my lashes. Second coat I could start to see more curves and length being added. My third coat my lashes were very volumized more than anything. I felt like the corner of the wand really helped with separation and getting in the inner corners of my eyes. I didn't have any clumping with this mascara, although the first time I applied I did. This could have been because of all the excess product on the brush that I did not wipe off.


Overall I really like this mascara. It helped more with length & volume than anything. It really volumizes from the base of your lashes which makes them look more full. It doesn't really flake or clump up as long as you remove the excess product. This for me isn't great for separating as much, and the formula is a bit heavy to hold a curl for me but overall I think this is great for volume and length!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. You can always reach me on twitter @ohhsoglam7.