Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Wet n Wild Fergie Vicious Varnish High Shine Lip Stain


I picked these up in my Walgreen's because they had a new tag on them, but looking around these babies have been out for months. 



The three shades I have are:

Giving Realness- Pale nude
Legendary Face- Pink brown nude
Flawless-Bright pink-fuscia 


Packaging:
 I do like that the packaging is clear so you can see the product inside. The applicator is a very soft flexible sponge. The wand is very flexible almost making it a little difficult to apply.

Application:
Giving Realness goes on more creamy than the rest but leaving that milky look and it settled into my lines on my lips. It also has no color once on the lips. Legendray Face goes on very thin and wet feeling. Almost like I am not even applying anything at all. Color is gorgeous, brings out the natural color in my lips. Flawless also goes on very wet feeling, very pigmented and the most shiny out of these three.

Product:
I have to say that the feeling these have when being applied to the lips are really weird. It literally feels like you are rubbing water on your lips but then immediately dries and feels moisturizing. Giving Realness was the only terrible one for me. with no pigmentation and it settling in my lips. The product is very creamy once on the lips, almost like a lip balm. These have a very overpowering, unpleasant smell and taste. This is what makes it or breaks it for me. The smell is a very synthetic-plastic smell that I cannot get past.

Longevity:
Wear time for Flawless was about 4 hours with a lot of transfer. The shine was gone about an hour after but the stain remained. Legendary Face gave me about 3 hours of wear time, since it's not that pigmented it did fade a little faster. Giving Realness didn't even have a chance!

Pigmentation:
Swatching them on my arm they have amazing pigmentation, especially since I got two very light natural colors. But once on the lips the two lighter ones don't have the best pigmentation. Flawless definitely had really good color payoff.




Overall these are intended for shine and a stain. I think they are really shiny and moisturizing at first, but after a couple hours or so the shine does wear off. These do stain pretty well, although Giving Realness had no stain at all. For 3$ if you buy these they are not a total fail they do have a good selection of more colors, but I would not repurchase these again simply because of the smell and taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. You can always reach me on twitter @ohhsoglam7.